This year you could say that the 2018 color is purple, but ultra violet brings on a new vibration. Ultra Violet is a blue based purple that is intuitive and “will light the way to what is yet to come.” ~pantone
Our ultra violet gemstones will also empower and inspire. Purple gemstones calm, center us in peace, and teach us Grace.
I am going to list my 10 favorites.
1. Purple Diamond: I had to put this first as it is the most $$$ of the stones. Sells for around $1.5 million for one carat! Diamond is the birthstone for April.
2. Alexandrite: A magical stone that will appear ultra violet under an incandescent light then changes to green in the daylight. This little gem will cost about $45 grand a carat. Luckily we can also choose pearl or moonstone for the June birthstone.
3. Purple Tourmaline: Often referred to the king of color, Tourmaline is a rainbow. Birthstone for October
4. Tanzanite: Most popular in purple, tanzanite can also be found in blue. Birthstone for December.
5. Purple Opal: This is my favorite. Black being the most $$$ white is the most popular, this one stole my heart. October birthstone.
6. Amethyst: This violet variety of quartz is the most classic representation of a purple gemstone. Birthstone for February.
7. Sugilite: A rare stone that is a deep ultra violet, although it can also be a deep pink.
8. Charoite: Found only in Siberia, this violet gem is rather rare.
Charoite is a violet gemstone varying in a shade from lavender to purple.
Also known as opalite and Tifanny stone. Opal fluorite is a purple gemstone with swirls of lavender and white.
A rather rare mineral, the purple stone is found only in Utah, USA.
9. Purple Jade: This stone is amazing in all of its colors.
While most popular in green, jade also occurs as purple stones. The violet stones come from the variety of jade called jadeite.
10. Iolite: Beside blue, iolite also occurs as violet stones. In fact, the name iolite comes from the Greek for “violet.”